Sliding windows are ideal for homeowners who appreciate an unobstructed view of the outdoors. They create a wide viewing area in any room while maintaining the convenience of operable sashes for ventilation.
Universal Windows Direct Sliding Windows Features:
- Brass Roller – Ensure smooth and silent operation
- Super Spacer® – A hi-tech glass spacer system that is rated to be one of the best options currently on the market for energy conservation with windows
- Tilt Latches – Release the window sashes, allowing them to tilt in for easy cleaning and giving the window smoother operation and better overall structural performance
- Sash Limit Locks – Fold out of window to allow only partial opening for security
- Groove – Cut in the bottom sash for the vinyl “fin” to fit into, creating a tight, secure fit
- Cam-Style Locks – Cutting-edge locking system that not only ensured that the sashes pull together for a superior weather-proof seal, but also secures your home from intruders
- Higher Sill Dam – ¼” dam improves structural stability, while the beveled edge creates and attractive, clean finish
- Extruded Slide Rail – Lift rail that is part of the sash, ensuring that it will never pop out during opening
- Foam-filled Main Frame – Foam filling inside the structure of the window, adding structural stability and insulation
Our sliding windows are available in two or three-lite configurations, with the same color, grid and glass options as all of our UniShield® windows. All of our windows are custom made and professionally installed, guaranteeing a perfect fit every time.
Two panes of clear glass and air space to keep winter heat in and the summer heat out. A perfect window for those who want quality, value and performance in one solid, affordable package.
Two-pane, Energy Star rated, Unishield, double-coated low-e glass that is filled with Argon gas. This window offers great solar control, excellent UV protection and will reduce heating and cooling bills. This is without a doubt our most popular window, chose for its energy-efficient low-e coating and Argon gas filling.
Exterior Color Options
Wood-Clad Vinyl Windows from Universal Windows Direct: Extraordinarily Efficient
Wood windows are an energy efficient option for any home, but they are high maintenance and require regular upkeep throughout the years. Vinyl windows are virtually maintenance free and come in a variety of colors, although they don’t always add the look of natural warmth to your home like wood.
If you want the best of both worlds that wood windows and vinyl windows have to offer, Universal Window Direct’s innovative wood-clad vinyl Aeries™ windows by will perfectly fit the mold. The Aeries™ wood-clad vinyl windows combine the beauty of wood with the maintenance-free advantage of vinyl, allowing you to enjoy every aspect of aesthetics and energy savings.
These high performance windows feature real wood on the interior of your home that can be sanded, stained, and painted to your personal preference. The exterior portion of the window is made of vinyl and will not rot, chip, or peel from inclement weather or age.
Your new wood-clad vinyl windows will be insulated inside the frames to maximize energy savings and keep your home more comfortable. This window style is the epitome of energy efficiency and will stop drafts dead in their tracks.
High-Tech Glass Packages Results in Ultimate Energy Savings
The efficiency of your new wood-clad vinyl windows doesn’t stop at its frames. Your new windows from Universal Windows Direct are engineered to keep your home at a comfortable temperature year-round with ComforTech™ Warm Edge Glazing system with Super Spacer.
The ComforTech™ glass package comes standard with your wood-clad vinyl windows and features a multi-layer moisture vapor barrier, a barrier sealant, and flexible foam spacer to prevent energy loss.
With its state-of-the-art technology, wood-clad vinyl windows will help you save money from maintenance and energy bills.
Wood-Clad Vinyl Windows Meet Energy Star Standards
If you’re looking for replacement windows that are both beautiful and efficient, wood-clad vinyl windows will exceed your expectations. Energy Star is a government-backed program that helps homeowners choose the most efficient products and appliances on the market.
Wood-clad vinyl windows from Universal Windows Direct meets current Energy Star standards, ensuring that you get the most for your money in terms of efficiency and aesthetics.