Sliding windows are ideal for homeowners who appreciate an unobstructed view of the outdoors. They create a wide viewing area in any room while maintaining the convenience of operable sashes for ventilation.
Universal Windows Direct Sliding Windows Features:
- Brass Roller – Ensure smooth and silent operation
- Super Spacer® – A hi-tech glass spacer system that is rated to be one of the best options currently on the market for energy conservation with windows
- Tilt Latches – Release the window sashes, allowing them to tilt in for easy cleaning and giving the window smoother operation and better overall structural performance
- Sash Limit Locks – Fold out of window to allow only partial opening for security
- Groove – Cut in the bottom sash for the vinyl “fin” to fit into, creating a tight, secure fit
- Cam-Style Locks – Cutting-edge locking system that not only ensured that the sashes pull together for a superior weather-proof seal, but also secures your home from intruders
- Higher Sill Dam – ¼” dam improves structural stability, while the beveled edge creates and attractive, clean finish
- Extruded Slide Rail – Lift rail that is part of the sash, ensuring that it will never pop out during opening
- Foam-filled Main Frame – Foam filling inside the structure of the window, adding structural stability and insulation
Our sliding windows are available in two or three-lite configurations, with the same color, grid and glass options as all of our UniShield® windows. All of our windows are custom made and professionally installed, guaranteeing a perfect fit every time.
What cause window condensation to start near the edge of the glass? What is responsible for a window’s actual insulating performance to be normally 15-20% worse than advertised? The answer to both questions is the metal spacer that holds the glass panes together.To overcome these problems, replacement windows from Universal Windows Direct utilize the revolutionary SuperSpacer® technology. Acrylic-bonded and ultra-durable, the non-metal SuperSpacer® system will help keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer by decreasing thermal transfer. In addition, the life expectancy of a SuperSpacer® system is nearly 5 times that of traditional metal spacers, providing your home with a lifetime of energy-savings.