Hands down, our most popular product at Universal Windows Direct are our double hung windows. These classic windows were designed from the ground up with you, the homeowner, in mind. They will not only give your home that “new glow”, but they’ll also increase the energy efficiency, making your home more comfortable and more enjoyable.
UniShield® Double-Hung Windows Feature:
- Super Spacer® – A hi-tech glass spacer system that is rated to be one of the best options currently on the market for energy conservation with windows
- Tilt Latches – Release the window sashes, allowing them to tilt in for easy cleaning and giving the window smoother operation and better overall structural performance
- Ventilation Locks – Fold out of window to allow only partial opening for security
- True-Position Balance System – Revolutionary balance system that operates easily, quietly and prevents the window from ever slipping
- Groove – Cut in the bottom sash for the vinyl “fin” to fit into, creating a tight, secure fit
- Cam-Style Locks – Cutting-edge locking system that not only ensured that the sashes pull together for a superior weather-proof seal, but also secures your home from intruders
- Higher Sill Dam – ¼” dam improves structural stability, while the beveled edge creates and attractive, clean finish
- Extruded Lift Rail – Lift rail that is part of the sash, ensuring that it will never pop out during opening
- Foam-filled Main Frame – Foam filling inside the structure of the window, adding structural stability and insulation
All of our double-hung windows are custom made and professionally installed, guaranteeing a perfect fit every time. By custom manufacturing all of our products, we allow you the home owner, the opportunity to customize the exact style for your home. Your home is your biggest investment and that’s why our windows use only the best technology available.
What cause window condensation to start near the edge of the glass? What is responsible for a window’s actual insulating performance to be normally 15-20% worse than advertised? The answer to both questions is the metal spacer that holds the glass panes together.To overcome these problems, replacement windows from Universal Windows Direct utilize the revolutionary SuperSpacer® technology. Acrylic-bonded and ultra-durable, the non-metal SuperSpacer® system will help keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer by decreasing thermal transfer. In addition, the life expectancy of a SuperSpacer® system is nearly 5 times that of traditional metal spacers, providing your home with a lifetime of energy-savings.