Bay and Bow Windows
Bay and Bow windows from Universal Windows Direct are the perfect way to add depth, light, and charm to any room in your house. These custom-designed windows are a staple on the exterior and interior of any home and they’re built to last a lifetime.
Universal Windows Direct Bay & Bow Window Features and Options:
- Roof (Copper or Traditional) – Custom built for your project, greatly reducing installation time
- Casing & Edge Banding – 3 ½”, 2 ¼” or 6” stacked oak or birch with veneered edges
- Seat – Plastic laminate, scratch resistant, maintenance free and insulated for thermal efficiency
- Interior Finish – All-wood, stained and sealed with lacquer clear coat
- Exterior Finish – Color coordinated cladding, maintenance-free
- Knee Brace – Pre-finished, color coordinated vinyl and aluminum
- Recessed Lighting – Low-voltage, Halogen lights with clear or frosted lenses and brushed nickel, polished brass or white trim rings
- Weyerhaeuser TimberStrand® – 25% stronger than traditional wood, preventing twisting or bending
These elegant windows virtually require no maintenance at all and provide your home with a beautiful new look. As with all of our UniShield® windows, our bays and bows are available with a plethora of options and upgrades, allowing you to custom design the perfect window for your home.
What cause window condensation to start near the edge of the glass? What is responsible for a window’s actual insulating performance to be normally 15-20% worse than advertised? The answer to both questions is the metal spacer that holds the glass panes together.To overcome these problems, replacement windows from Universal Windows Direct utilize the revolutionary SuperSpacer® technology. Acrylic-bonded and ultra-durable, the non-metal SuperSpacer® system will help keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer by decreasing thermal transfer. In addition, the life expectancy of a SuperSpacer® system is nearly 5 times that of traditional metal spacers, providing your home with a lifetime of energy-savings.