In addition to our traditional style windows, we offer additional window styles, such as picture windows, garden windows, and specialty shaped windows that can be custom-sized to fit just about anywhere. As is the case with all of our windows, these windows are built with only the highest-quality, longest-lasting and durable material.
Universal Windows Direct Additional Windows Feature:
- Super Spacer® – A hi-tech glass spacer system that is rated to be one of the best options currently on the market for energy conservation with windows
- Tilt Latches – Release the window sashes, allowing them to tilt in for easy cleaning and giving the window smoother operation and better overall structural performance
- Sash Limit Locks – Fold out of window to allow only partial opening for security
- True-Position Balance System – Revolutionary balance system that operates easily, quietly and prevents the window from ever slipping
- Groove – Cut in the bottom sash for the vinyl “fin” to fit into, creating a tight, secure fit
- Cam-Style Locks – Cutting-edge locking system that not only ensured that the sashes pull together for a superior weather-proof seal, but also secures your home from intruders
- Higher Sill Dam – ¼” dam improves structural stability, while the beveled edge creates and attractive, clean finish
- Extruded Lift Rail – Lift rail that is part of the sash, ensuring that it will never pop out during opening
- Foam-filled Main Frame – Foam filling inside the structure of the window, adding structural stability and insulation
Picture windows are windows that cannot be opened but provide an unprecedented view to the world outside. This allows you to maximize your glass space while allowing the natural beauty of the outdoors to become part of a room’s décor. These windows come with the same features that are found on all UniShield® windows and can be combined with double-hung or casement windows to achieve a lovely vent/vie balance. Picture windows from Universal Windows Direct also feature our Triple Seal System; a revolutionary window sealing system that blocks air and moisture from escaping or entering
Garden windows are specifically designed for the homeowner with a green thumb. These three-dimensional vinyl windows bring allow you to literally bring the sunshine into your home for your plants while keeping the elements out. They come with an optional adjustable ⅜” glass shelf and standard side operating vents.
Universal Windows Direct Garden Window Features:
- Cranks, Hinges & Multipoint Locking System – Designed to operate flawlessly and effortlessly, all the while maintaining style and strength
- Hinged Sashes – Slide away from the frame when fully opened, allowing for easily cleaning from the inside
- Triple Seal System – Revolutionary window sealing system that blocks air and moisture from escaping or entering
Specialty Shaped Windows
Simply put, specialty windows are windows that are a specific, non-traditional shape such as an octagon, trapezoid or arch . These windows bring new meaning to the word “custom”, as they can greatly enhance the character of both contemporary and traditional homes. Above all, our specialty windows allow you to give your home a unique touch while keeping it energy efficient. Specialty windows from Universal Windows Direct feature many of the same options available in our other high-quality windows.
Two panes of clear glass and air space to keep winter heat in and the summer heat out. A perfect window for those who want quality, value and performance in one solid, affordable package.
Two-pane, Energy Star rated, Unishield, double-coated low-e glass that is filled with Argon gas. This window offers great solar control, excellent UV protection and will reduce heating and cooling bills. This is without a doubt our most popular window, chose for its energy-efficient low-e coating and Argon gas filling.
Exterior Color Options
Wood-Clad Vinyl Windows from Universal Windows Direct: Extraordinarily Efficient
Wood windows are an energy efficient option for any home, but they are high maintenance and require regular upkeep throughout the years. Vinyl windows are virtually maintenance free and come in a variety of colors, although they don’t always add the look of natural warmth to your home like wood.
If you want the best of both worlds that wood windows and vinyl windows have to offer, Universal Window Direct’s innovative wood-clad vinyl Aeries™ windows by will perfectly fit the mold. The Aeries™ wood-clad vinyl windows combine the beauty of wood with the maintenance-free advantage of vinyl, allowing you to enjoy every aspect of aesthetics and energy savings.
These high performance windows feature real wood on the interior of your home that can be sanded, stained, and painted to your personal preference. The exterior portion of the window is made of vinyl and will not rot, chip, or peel from inclement weather or age.
Your new wood-clad vinyl windows will be insulated inside the frames to maximize energy savings and keep your home more comfortable. This window style is the epitome of energy efficiency and will stop drafts dead in their tracks.
High-Tech Glass Packages Results in Ultimate Energy Savings
The efficiency of your new wood-clad vinyl windows doesn’t stop at its frames. Your new windows from Universal Windows Direct are engineered to keep your home at a comfortable temperature year-round with ComforTech™ Warm Edge Glazing system with Super Spacer.
The ComforTech™ glass package comes standard with your wood-clad vinyl windows and features a multi-layer moisture vapor barrier, a barrier sealant, and flexible foam spacer to prevent energy loss.
With its state-of-the-art technology, wood-clad vinyl windows will help you save money from maintenance and energy bills.
Wood-Clad Vinyl Windows Meet Energy Star Standards
If you’re looking for replacement windows that are both beautiful and efficient, wood-clad vinyl windows will exceed your expectations. Energy Star is a government-backed program that helps homeowners choose the most efficient products and appliances on the market.
Wood-clad vinyl windows from Universal Windows Direct meets current Energy Star standards, ensuring that you get the most for your money in terms of efficiency and aesthetics.